America’s Most Beloved Boys Choir
The All-American Boys Chorus – Orange County, California
The All-American Boys Chorus is Southern California’s preeminent boy choir. With our unique repertoire ranging from traditional to contemporary, the Chorus has established a distinctive national and international reputation.
Touring chorus in Sydney, Australia
Founded in 1970 as a small church choir in Anaheim, California, The All-American Boys Chorus (TAABC) has grown to become an international touring ensemble that fosters the creative and leadership development of more than one hundred boys each year while reaching thousands through performances and educational outreach.
The mission of TAABC is “to empower and give voice to boys from diverse backgrounds to build self-confidence, discipline, leadership skills, poise, and realize achievement through the transformative power of music.” Since becoming a non-denominational organization in 1973, we have continued to grow, both in size and scope, in order to provide more boys with the unique creative and leadership development opportunities TAABC offers. In addition to our core program focused on boys in the 8-15 age range, we include opportunities for younger boys and high school students.
TAABC members benefit from a comprehensive program that includes professional instruction in singing and music reading coupled with extensive boy-led leadership responsibilities, sports, and extra-curricular opportunities. Admitted after a rigorous audition and training process, choristers rehearse 2-3 times each week and participate in an intensive week-long Summer Camp each year.
With Sarah McLachlan, “It’s Your 50th Christmas, Charlie Brown”
TAABC performs regularly for entertainment, television, corporate, and private events averaging 30-40 performances each year. In addition, the Chorus performs nationally and internationally, having completed 58 concerts tours across 15 countries. Music videos featuring TAABC have amassed over 10 million views and we frequently collaborate with and present premier entertainers, most recently including Chanticleer, David Benoit, Josh Groban, the Vienna Boys Choir in addition to Sarah McLachlan and Pentatonix on ABC television’s Emmy Award-winning It’s Your 50th Christmas, Charlie Brown.
Honored as the 2011 Outstanding Arts Organization by Arts Orange County, we continue to grow and develop the TAABC family:
- Parents and families of the 120 boys are a constantly renewing source of influence and energy
- Our alumni corp numbers over 1000
- Our TAABC Board of Directors is comprised of 14 influential and engaged members
- Financial benefactors and sponsors
- Community partners and artistic collaborators
Touring bus during TAABC performance at the Kennedy Center, Washington DC
With an operating budget of nearly $800,000, TAABC serves 120+ boys ages 8-15 and reaches audiences throughout Southern California and around the world through educational outreach, performances honoring military veterans, concerts, tours, and multimedia. Revenue sources include concert ticket sales, private events, annual fund-raising through our Jog-a-thon and Fall Gala, tuition, season sponsorships as well as generous gifts and grants. A board committee comprised of financial professionals regularly audits and provides financial oversight.
Honoring astronaut Gene Cernan with the “Great American” award at the TAABC Fall Gala
The All-American Boys Chorus has been headquartered in Orange County, California since its founding in 1970. After more than 40 years located in Costa Mesa, the TAABC recently moved to Santa Ana where we are co-located with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Orange County, presenting a synergistic opportunity in our mission to enliven the lives of boys through music. Orange County is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle with great year-round weather, beaches, mountains, and world-famous attractions. We are strategically located near Los Angeles, the entertainment capital of the world, which provides opportunities to perform in film, television, and advertisements.
TAABC’s rich legacy includes performing for heads of state and dignitaries
With a nearly 50-year legacy of success, The All-American Boys Chorus seeks a transformational leader who can guide the organization into a greater phase of growth and influence
- Expand the Chorus from 120 to 200 choristers
- Grow annual revenues to $2 million
- Elevate the visibility of the Chorus by forming and strengthening strategic relationships in the Southern California arts community
- Build the Chorus brand nationally and internationally
- Leverage our proximity to Los Angeles by creating opportunities in the entertainment community
- Enlarge the board to 24 members
- Implement current best-practices of professional arts management to solidify the Chorus for our next 50 years
The All-American Boys Chorus consists of performance division as well as two training divisions
The All-American Boys Chorus seeks an enthusiastic professional with previous specific experience building and directing non-profit organizations. We seek an individual who is a proven community leader with a passion for collaboration and program development.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE ALL AMERICAN BOYS CHORUS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER POSITION:-
The Chief Executive Officer is the administrator and fund development leader reporting to the Board of Directors through the Chairman. The CEO works in partnership with the Artistic Director and the Board to develop and execute the strategic vision that supports the All American Boys Chorus (TAABC) mission.
The Chief Executive Officer will be a visionary, knowledgeable and enthusiastic ambassador for TAABC in the greater cultural, philanthropic and business communities. He/she will have a keen business sense and entrepreneurial vision for opportunities that will support TAABC’s growth both artistically and financially. The position will partner with many stakeholders to set and maintain a collaborative leadership model that will strengthen the organization by creating a positive and synergistic relationship between the artistic, fund development and administrative sides of the organization.
The Chief Executive Officer will implement strategies to ensure organizational sustainability of TAABC. This includes the ability to:
- Maximize contributed and earned revenue through a strategic and programmatic approach and relationship building;
- Be the face of the TAABC in the community and build positive and collaborative relationships with audiences, community leaders, donors, staff, chorus families and the board of directors.
- Expand marketing, communications, audience development and public image;
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive and strategic fundraising program;
- Develop, oversee, monitor and report on the organization’s financial performance;
- Guide the administration and operations; and
- Supervise a professional staff that implement operations, fundraising, marketing and financial management in support of artistic and educational programs.
Primary Responsibilities are to grow the Chorus Family
Recruitment/Retention—grow the number of choristers
- Expand the Chorus to 200+ boys
- Determine how to retain potential recruits and established Choristers
- Cultivate and develop the passionate parent resource
Relationships and Performances—significantly raise the profile of the Chorus regionally, nationally, and internationally
- Form strategic partnerships and connections with other arts organizations in OC and Los Angeles
- Establish a robust and timely social media presence—“proclaim” the activities and accomplishments of the Chorus
- Increase performance revenues and/or high-profile appearances
- Christmas concerts, conventions, weddings, etc.
- Entertainment industry events: television, commercials, movies—capitalize on our proximity as the only professional boys choir in Southern California
- Book concerts with respected artists—past examples include Chanticleer, Vocal Point, The Vienna Boys Choir
- Elevate the perception of the Chorus by consistently appearing with well-known artists and organizations
Donors and Fundraising
- Raise the profile of the Chorus by enhancing and implementing fundraising strategies and programs with staff and board
Board of Directors
- Work with the board to add well-connected, affluent, and/or strategically gifted board members
- Engage board members in specific events that play to their strengths and interests, as well as engage them in fundraising strategies
- Hire, manage, mentor and motivate a skilled professional full time and part time administrative staff that achieves success in daily operations and works effectively with choristers, parents, and clients
- Maintain and build on established culture and tradition.
- Cultivate relationships with alumni choristers and their families
TAABC seeks a dynamic and transformational leader, capable of understanding and supporting the needs and expectations of the Board, the Artistic Director, artists, staff and community leaders. The selected candidate will be a respected leader in the field of arts management.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of senior management experience; minimum of 5 years of fundraising with individuals, corporations and foundations in a professional capacity.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically.
- Exceptional financial, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Multitasker/Collaborator with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and flexibility to be part of a team.
- Computer literate: Knowledge of Word and Excel and ability to learn database software.
- Social Media Savvy.
Position Category: Permanent, exempt, full-time
Compensation: A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
Please send resumes and, for more information connect with:
Sterling Search, Inc.
Direct all correspondence emails and telephone calls to Sterling Search, Inc.
Any resumes sent or telephone calls made to TAABC will be redirected to Sterling Search, Inc.
The All-American Boys Chorus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your resume to Sterling Search Inc. via the form below, and include the job title in the subject line.