Sterling Search Inc. has been exclusively retained to recruit for the Director of Development (DoD) for Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation (TFHSF).
Tahoe Forest Hospital was founded on philanthropy, and through continued generous support from their donors their health system is able to offer a wide variety of programs and services. In the spirit of the Dick Joseph Family, who in 1951 donated the land upon which the Truckee campus now rests, they are proud to provide resources to augment capital needs, facilitate special projects, and underwrite health and wellness programs throughout the Truckee-Tahoe community.
Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation is the philanthropic incubator for innovative and creative advancement of Tahoe Forest Health System (TFHS).
Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation creates a culture of collaboration which facilitates the exploration of creative opportunities and solutions that result in excellence in community health care.
WHY TAHOE FOREST HEALTH SYSTEM FOR YOUR PHILANTHROPY CAREER?
In December 2015 TFHS hired new CEO Harry Weis who brings not only a 30 plus year career in healthcare leadership but a great passion and commitment for community philanthropy. The Executive Director of the Foundation Martha Simon also has a 30 plus year in nonprofit leadership and management. Under her long-tenured leadership at TFHS the Foundation boasts:
- $1.8M in annual philanthropic commitments with a platform and structure prepared for increased support with the addition of a new Director of Development
- A Foundation Board of Directors, carefully recruited and developed to support the philanthropic vision of the Foundation with a 100% commitment of giving
- An established “Best of Tahoe Chefs” 400 attendee gala event and a 2 day celebrity golf tournament with National Sponsors such as the NFL and Professional Atheletes Foundation
- A small support team dedicated to growing philanthropy for Tahoe Forest Health System. Most importantly Simon has instilled a culture of life/work balance. Living in the North Lake Tahoe Region provides a unique and wonderful opportunity to be surrounded by a community dedicated to a healthy life-style and, Simon and her team model that every day.
If you love the outdoors, winter and summer sports, in the vicinity of majestic Lake Tahoe then Truckee is the place for you. Escape the hustle and bustle of a traffic-congested pace for a community rich based life-style. Truckee exudes a, like-minded people who work hard and play hard – together. They settle for nothing less than high quality healthcare, schools, and infrastructure. Highly engaged citizens, civic and business leaders are committed to protecting and preserving their small mountain town authenticity.
With a vision for significant growth, TFHSF is well positioned for even more impact. The Director of Development is a rare occasion to serve in a community based fundraising role with the mentorship of an Executive Director who is a highly respected fundraising veteran and, in partnership with a small cohesive team.
Working closely with the Foundation management and staff, the Development of Director will create, lead, and implement a comprehensive fundraising program that includes principal/major gifts, annual giving, a grateful patient program and employee giving campaign. The strategic plan for philanthropy includes planned giving, corporate and foundation relations. Participates in the development and execution of all funding programs at the Foundation. Plays a lead role in all elements with the Foundation’s two major special events: The Best of Tahoe Chefs Gala and the two-day Gene Upshaw Memorial Golf Classic, including identifying and securing major sponsorships for these two events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
- Works with the Foundation management to develop strategic plans and annual objectives to accomplish goals.
- Drafts annual work plans and develops monthly action plans to achieve goals.
- Runs the day-to-day activities of the Foundation including campaigns, corporate and government grants, major donor’s acquisition, and donor stewardship events.
- Identifies, cultivates and acquires appropriate donor prospects with an emphasis on major and legacy gifts.
- Works with the Foundation staff team to implement the record keeping and stewardship system that support a successful donor relations program from a broad-based prospect pool.
- Manage end-of-the year appeal/annual campaign for continued giving by existing base of donors. Works with the Director of Marketing for design and production of solicitation pieces and ongoing donor communication as needed.
- Seeks out opportunities to be involved in the community; acts as an ambassador for philanthropy.
- Identifies, researches, and develops potential sources of gift support including individuals, corporations, community organizations, grant sources and foundations including preparation of written proposals.
- Communicates with Incline Village Community Hospital Foundation (IVCH) Director to assure collaboration with development activities between the two Foundations.
- Works with other key staff within the health system to align outreach activities with foundation events.
- Ensures funds are collected, invested and expended in the best possible manner and with full accountability to the donor and all regulatory agencies.
- Ensures prompt acknowledgement of all gifts and sponsorships.
- Assumes responsibility for department compliance with regulatory/accreditation guidelines.
- Collaborates with Executive Director of Governance/Government Affairs to advance partnerships with key community leaders, government officials, and healthcare coalition building endeavors.
- Creates community presentations on behalf of Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation and Health System and presents at regional and community meetings, briefings, and conferences as assigned.
- Ensures that confidentiality of hospital and patient information policies and guidelines are observed.
- Role models effective, honest and open communication principles.
- Provides leadership and demonstrates professional growth.
- Represents department to internal and external publics.
- Provides oversight to the development of budget and capital equipment needs.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
We are seeking candidates offering the following qualifications:
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- 3-5 years as a Development Director or Fundraising Executive in a healthcare non-profit organization
- A strategic approach to development, with significant experience in cultivating and managing donors.
- A record of quantifiable success in donor segmentation, research, and cultivation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and implement to completion.
- A strong interpersonal and communication skill set and demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of TFHSF’s constituencies including staff, Board members and other key stakeholders.
- A track record as an effective communicator skilled at writing and public speaking; adept at writing proposals, solicitation letters, donor correspondence, and other types of materials to enhance fundraising.
- Ability to juggle many responsibilities at once, and to operate both independently and with the flexibility to be part of a team.
- Computer literate: Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and experience with fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Bachelor’s Degree A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
Direct all correspondence, emails, and telephone calls to Sterling Search, Inc.
Any resumes sent or telephone calls made to TFHSF will be redirected to Sterling Search, Inc.
Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your resume to Sterling Search Inc. via the form below, and include the job title in the subject line.