MAW Mid-Atlantic (MAW-MA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and is governed by a local volunteer Board of Directors. Founded in 1983, MAW-MA has granted the wishes of more than 8,000 children with life-threatening medical conditions, in the local community and believe that a wish experience can have a life-changing impact on the child and their family. This one belief guides them in everything they do. It inspires them to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids they serve.
The Board of Directors is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will lead a team and program ready for executing significant growth in revenue and wishes. In their last year, MAW-MA achieved $7 million in revenue and granted more than 400 wishes. MAW-MA is poised for continued revenue growth and a sustainable path toward more annual Wish granting.
With lofty yet doable goals, the new CEO will be charged with building on MAW-MA’s track record of success by further developing the organization’s vision, and achieving its goals for continued financial stability, community engagement and enhancing the impact of its program.
The CEO must bring an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for MAW-MA, leadership capabilities for staff, board and volunteers and the capability to diversify fundraising revenues with a heavy emphasis on major gifts. In the opinion of the search committee, MAW-MA’s growth is limited only, by its ability to continue to develop and motivate its high-performing team and execute a more diversified fundraising program. Therefore, we are seeking a CEO, who is well connected and has a track record of success in acquiring fundraising dollars in the philanthropic community of the greater Mid-Atlantic region. With a committed staff and such a supremely recognizable brand, in one of Make-A-Wish’s key markets, this is a phenomenal and rare nonprofit CEO leadership opportunity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and is the chief spokesperson representing the organization to constituencies, both internal and external. In addition to operational, financial, and administrative duties, the scope of responsibility includes overseeing program management, fund development, marketing, community relations, and strategic thinking and planning.
- Report to a governing Board of Directors and committees, executing decisions effectively and ensuring that the Board of Directors and its committees are informed of critical developments in a timely and effective manner
- Collaborate closely with the Board of Directors and staff to create vision as well as execute and expand upon the strategic plan and budget
- Manage and direct a comprehensive fund development plan that identifies major gift prospects and donors and enhances the short and long-term diversified funding base
- Continue to raise the public profile of MAW-MA by serving as the spokesperson, fundraiser and advocate for the chapter, as well as being a visible, visionary and influential leader and fundraiser in the community
- Direct personnel to ensure that the organization is effectively structured and staffed with competent employees to manage the work across the region
- Ensure fiduciary responsibility, sound financial management, and financial accountability for contributions, income, and all other Make-A-Wish assets. Ensure public accountability consistent with Make-A-Wish America policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Passion for the mission
- A minimum of 5 years of major gift fundraising with individuals/corporations in a professional capacity with demonstrated results
- Track record of managing an organization through significant growth with personal responsibility for strategic vision, revenue generation and mission accomplishment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including key community leaders and organizations and MAW National
- Bachelor’s degree
Compensation: A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
Any resumes sent or telephone calls made to Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic will be redirected to Sterling Search, Inc.
Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Direct all correspondence emails and telephone calls to Sterling Search, Inc.
Sarah Agee (714) 433-7040 Nicole Seipel (310) 774-0099 or email@example.com
Please submit your resume to Sterling Search Inc. via the form below, and include the job title in the subject line.